New for ’22! Introducing Hard Enduro races!
Our island terrain is perfect for training and racing hard enduro, with volcanic rock and tight, gnarly single-track snaking its way through the west coast rainforest. We’ve got rocks, we’ve got roots, great big old and second-growth logs, you won’t be disappointed. This will be a real test of your metal… and your plastics.
If you enjoy long walks in the woods pushing your bike, with interludes of riding, then Hard Enduro is for you! We might be kidding, but DO expect these races to be hard, pushing you into extremely difficult terrain.
The race classes for the Hard Enduro Series are different than the Hare Scramble classes. These are all A-level classes meant for riders with a skill level of intermediate and up.
|Gold & Silver will run the same course as each other. |
This course will be VERY DIFFICULT and challenging. Think A+ to A++.
|All 3 races are scheduled to include these classes|
|Bronze & Women will run the same course as each other. |
This course will also be DIFFICULT and challenging. Think A loop.
|Tearzberg & Monster Mash are scheduled to have these classes.|
The nature of Hard Enduro is that it is extremely difficult and will require physical and mental tenacity. There will be no “it’s too hard” complaints heard about the race course. It is meant to be hard. Many racers from our hare scramble series will want to sit these ones out. (Don’t worry, these don’t count toward your VIHSS season points.)
|Race||2022 Race Date||Location||Points Series||Status|
|PLEASE NOTE THE STATUS OF THESE RACES IS TENTATIVE. MORE INFO TO COME SEPT 2.|
|Tearzberg||Oct 9||Tansky||VI Hard Enduro||TENTATIVE|
|The Suffering||Oct 16||Shawnigan Lake||VI Hard Enduro||TENTATIVE|
|Monster Mash||Oct 30||Cook Creek||VI Hard Enduro||TENTATIVE|
- Follow the race links above to the Facebook event to stay up to date with the latest info for each race.
- To register for a race, you will need to buy a VIDRA season membership online first.
- All registration is ONLINE pre-registration only, available until 8pm on the Friday before the race, or until max capacity is reached.
- VIDRA reserves the right to limit the number of registrations for each race.
Registration & fees:
|Hard Enduro Registration||Price||Notes|
|VIHSS Race Membership||$60||Membership must be completed prior to registering for your first race of the season. Membership is valid for the calendar year in which it was purchased. This membership is good for all the VIDRA races (hare scrambles + hard enduros).|
|Race entry fee (per race)||$60 (unless otherwise posted for a given race)|
|Transponder||First one free. ($10 replacement)||The transponder allows us to score the racer digitally as they complete laps of the race. It is a sticker that is affixed to the helmet visor and is reusable as long as it isn’t damaged. We’ll provide the first one for you, but replacing a lost or broken one will be $10.|
Before race day:
- Register and pay for your VIHSS Series membership online
- Choose a class to compete in. You’ll need that for the next step…
- Register for the race online
On race day:
- Find a parking spot and bring your helmet with you to the sign-in tent at staging. We will test your transponder then, or sell you a new one if you don’t already have one.
- Get your gear on, ensure your bike is ready, and attend the riders meeting. Riders meeting is mandatory.
- From the riders meeting, you’ll be given a briefing about the race and directions on where to line up to start.
- After the race, check your results and stick around for the awards presentation.
After race day:
- At any point, you can check your race results again online on MotoTally. You can also check your overall points standing in the series.
- We advise you to bring plenty of drinking water. Many riders wear a hydration pack for the race.
- Bring snacks for before and after. Some events will have a food truck. You can find out these kinds of details in the Facebook event for each race.