The VIHSS is proud to be hosting a full race series for Kids!
We’ve hosted standalone kids races in the past, but we’ve recently introduced a bunch of new classes, for pee-wees & kids where they can compete at each race and accumulate overall season points for a championship finish, just like in the adult classes!
In addition to the regular kids’ classes, we now also have a girls’-only class and a women’s beginner class too! Each of these classes will race the C-loop, which is not as long and remote as the B-classes, but will still be challenging and fun!
The C-classes will race on the Saturday of the race weekend.
|Race||2022 Race Date||Location||Points Series||Sign up|
|Hell’s Kitchen||March 26||Cook Creek||VIHSS Kids Series points||opens Mar 12|
|Roots of Doom||April 23||Whiskey Creek||VIHSS Kids Series points||opens Apr 2|
|Knockout||May 28||Nanaimo MX (Wastelands)||VIHSS Kids Series points||opens May 6|
|The Wild West||June 11||Tansky||VIHSS Kids Series points||opens May 30|
|The Grind||Sept 24||Victoria Motorcycle Club||VIHSS Kids Series points||opens Sep 2|
|Tearzberg||Oct 8||Tansky||not for points||opens Sep 26|
|Monster Mash||Oct 29||Cook Creek||not for points||opens Oct 10|
|Banzai Braapline||Nov 12||Whiskey Creek||VIHSS Kids Series points||opens Oct 24|
- Follow the race links above to the Facebook event to stay up to date with the latest info for each race.
- To register for a race, you will need to buy a VIDRA season membership online first.
- All registration is ONLINE pre-registration only, available until 8pm on the Friday before the race, or until max capacity is reached.
- VIDRA reserves the right to limit the number of registrations for each race.
Registration & fees:
|VIHSS Kids Series race membership||$40||Membership must be completed prior to registering for your first race of the season. Membership is valid for the calendar year in which it was purchased.|
|Race entry fee (per race)||$30 (unless otherwise posted for a given race)|
|Transponder||First one free ($10 for a replacement)||The transponder allows us to score the racer digitally as they complete laps of the race. It is a sticker that is affixed to the helmet visor and is reusable as long as it isn’t damaged. We’ll provide the first one for you, but replacing a lost or broken one will be $10.|
To race, you will need to purchase a VIDRA Race Membership which is your race license for the season. From there, you will be able to sign up for any of our races, both in the Hare Scramble Series and in the Hard Enduro Series. Please note that all purchases and race registration is ONLINE.
Register for a Race
Register for individual races here. Before you register for a race, be sure to buy your Race Membership.
You will not be able to register without it.
|Level||Class||Description||Race Cut-off Time||Rider requirements||Bike specs|
|C||Peewee Beginner||These riders are new to racing or to riding on trail and unable to pick up their own bike.|
They are 7 or under and ride a small bike with an automatic clutch as indicated in the bike requirements for this class.
|30 mins||7 years or under||50cc 2T / 110cc 4T|
Max: 10″ rear tire
|C||Peewee Expert||These riders have a little more experience, like a season of racing or trail riding under their belt. They should be able to pick up their own bike.|
They are 12 years old or under and ride a small bike with an automatic clutch as indicated in the bike requirements for this class.
|45 mins||12 year or under||50cc 2T / 110cc 4T|
Max: 10″ rear tire
|C||Kids Beginner||This class is ideal for kids who are in their first year with manual clutch, and/or may be newer at riding trail.||45 mins||12 year or under||112cc 2T / 230cc 4T|
No big bikes
|C||Kids Intermediate||These kids have experience using a manual clutch, riding trails and some racing.||1 hour||16 year or under||112cc 2T / 230cc 4T|
No big bikes
|C||Kids Expert||These kids have riding or racing experience. This class has the longest race time at 1.5 hours.||1.5 hours||16 year or under||65cc+|
|C||Jr. Girls||Girls over 14 should race in the Women’s Beginner class, or if they have more experience and can race the full B course, Women’s Junior or Women’s Intermediate may be a more suitable choice.||45 mins||14 years or under||112cc 2T / 230cc 4T|
No big bikes
|C||Women’s Beginner||This is an approachable and fun class for women and girls to get started in racing. |
If you want to race, but feel like the full race course may still be too much, give this class a try!
This class races on the course that the older kids use, rather than the full A or B enduro loop.
The kids loop sticks closer to the staging area and if you run into an issue, there will likely be help nearby.
|1 hour||12 years +||65cc+|
Before race day:
- Register and pay for your VIHSS Series membership online
- Choose a class to compete in. You’ll need that for the next step…
- Register for the race online
On race day:
- Find a parking spot and bring your helmet with you to the sign-in tent at staging. We will test your transponder then, or sell you a new one if you don’t already have one.
- Get your gear on, ensure your bike is ready, and attend the riders meeting. Riders meeting is mandatory.
- From the riders meeting, you’ll be given a briefing about the race and directions on where to line up to start.
- After the race, check your results and stick around for the awards presentation.
After race day:
- At any point, you can check your race results again online on MotoTally. You can also check your overall points standing in the series.
- We advise you to bring plenty of drinking water. Many riders wear a hydration pack for the race.
- Bring snacks for before and after. Some events will have a food truck. You can find out these kinds of details in the Facebook event for each race.